Exploring the Historic District of Old Town, Phetchaburi
“TRAVEL TO THE HISTORIC CITY OF PETCHABURI “
- Start at the Nang Yai Museum (Nang Yai is a kind of shadow play.), Phlapphla Chai Temple, the welcoming point and community learning center. Admire various art exhibitions, including clay sculpting, wood carving, and gilded glass decorations, showcasing the traditional craftsmanship of Phetchaburi’s local artisans.
- Get to know the “Nang Yai”, the cultural identity of the old city community along the Phetchaburi River.
- Engage in creative tourism activities, Stamp large leather-patterned paper into a frame as a souvenir.
- Pay respects to Luang Phor Saksit at Mahathat Wora Wiharn Temple. Behind the temple there is a 5- spired pagoda, built with laterite according to Khmer art style. The central main prang contains the Buddha’s relics, Towering and visible from afar.
- Walking to see the street art along the river and Phanich Charoen Road, Take pictures with the famous cat named “Kong Kang”, a local cat chasing large butterflies. See the way of life of Thai-Chinese people at the riverside market community that is over 100 years old. It is filled with traditional Thai houses and Chinese rowhouses that feature wood carvings. The concrete building is built in a mix of Western and Chinese styles.
Emission information greenhouse gases
“TRAVEL TO THE HISTORIC CITY OF PETCHABURI”
- The amount of greenhouse gas emissions per person equal to 0.7 Kgco2 eq
- There is carbon credit compensation in 2023, there will be 1 tons for 300 tourists are expected to visit the area throughout the year.